- Creamy peanut or almond butter, as desired
- 8 slices white or whole wheat bread
- Jam, jelly, or preserves (grape, strawberry, or raspberry), as desired
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Chocolate hazelnut spread, for serving
- Marshmallow spread, for serving
- Start by building the sandwiches. Spread the nut butter on one slice of bread and jelly or jam on another. Add half a sliced banana, then close sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Preheat to 390°F (180°C).
- Spray both sides of sandwiches with cooking spray. Dust each side with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Once is preheated, place a sandwich on the crisper plate. set temperature to 390°F (180°C), and set time to 6 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow to cool slightly before cutting into strips. Serve with a side of chocolate hazelnut or marshmallow spread, if desired.