STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
- 1 slice brioche bread,
- 2½ inches thick, preferably stale
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract Nonstick cooking spray Pistachios,
- chopped, for topping Maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat to 350°F (170°C)
- CUT a slit in the middle of the brioche slice.
- STUFF the inside of the slit with cream cheese. Set aside.
- WHISK together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- SOAK the stuffed French toast in egg mixture for 10 seconds on each side.
- SPRAY each side of the French toast with cooking spray.
- PLACE the French toast cook for 10 minutes at 350°F (170°C).
- REMOVE the French toast carefully with a spatula when done cooking.
- SERVE topped with chopped pistachios and maple syrup.