- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- MIX together condensed milk, egg white, almond extract, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl.
- ADD in 1½ cups shredded coconut and mix until well combined. Mixture should be able to hold its shape.
- FORM 1½-inch balls with your hands. On a separate plate, add ¼ cup of shredded coconut.
- ROLL the coconut macaroons into the shredded coconut until covered.
- Preheat to 300°F (148°C) , 15 minutes
- LET macaroons cool for 5 to 10 minutes when done, then serve.