- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat to 300°F (150°C). In a saucepan, heat butter over medium high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in flour and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.In a bowl, combine egg yolk, onion, 2 tablespoons mushroom sauce,salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2 loaves. Unroll crescent dough and separate into 2 rectangles; press perforations to seal. Place meat loaf on each rectangle. Bring edges together and pinch to seal. If desired, brush with beaten egg.
- Place Wellingtons in a single layer on greased tray. Cook until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into meat loaf reads 160°F (85°C), 18-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm remaining sauce over low heat; stir in parsley.
- Serve sauce with Wellingtons.