GARLIC PARMESAN HAND-CUT FRENCH FRIES
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes), cut in thin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Soak raw fries in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch.
- After 30 minutes, strain fries and pat completely dry. The drier thefries, the better they will crisp.
- Place fries and 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large mixing bowl; toss tocombine.
- Preheat to 360°F (180°C).
- Once is preheated, place fries.
- Set temperature to 360°F (180°C), and set time to 26 minutes.
- While fries are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, combine remainingcanola oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, parsley, and Parmesan.Check fries after 24 minutes. For crispier fries, continue cooking up to2 more minutes.
- When cooking is complete, toss fries in bowl with garlic-Parmesan mix and serve immediately.