“FRIED” MOZZARELLA BITES
- 6 pieces string cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Marinara sauce or ranch, for serving
- CUT the string cheese into thirds, making 18 pieces.
- MIX together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and parsley flakes in an additional bowl.
- COAT each piece of cheese with flour, then dip in egg, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg and breadcrumbs again.
- Preheat to 350°F (170°C)
- SET the mozzarella bites in the freezer while the unitis preheating.
- PLACE the coated mozzarella bites into the preheated and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Set 360°F (175°C) set time for 8 minutes
- SERVE with a side of your favorite marinara sauce, or even better, ranch.