- 1/2 block (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 bag (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise, stems left on, seeds and
- membranes removed
- 8 strips uncooked bacon
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar, and salt.
- Using a small teaspoon or coffee spoon, fill each jalapeño half with the cheese mixture, making sure not to overfill.
- Place 2 pepper halves together, then wrap each pepper with 1 piece of bacon. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Preheat, setting the temperature to 360°F (175°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place peppers, set temperature to 360°F (175°C), and set time to 15 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, rotate peppers to ensure the bacon crisps on all sides.
- When cooking is complete, remove peppers and allow to cool for 10 minutes and then serve warm.