PREP TIME: 5 hours 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch Nonstick cooking spray
- Martinechicken tenders in buttermilk and hot sauce for 4 hours or overnight.
- Addall the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Dredgethe marinated chicken tenders in the breading mixture and shake off any excess.
- Mix1/3 of the marinade into the seasoned flour and mix well. This will create little flakes.
- Allowthe chicken to sit out for an hour until the coating gets tacky and dredge the tenders back in the flour. Set aside.
- Spraya liberal coating of cooking spray on each side of the chicken tenders and place in the air fryer.
- Cookthe tenders at 400°F for 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.