CAJUN CHICKEN TENDERS
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- MARINATE chicken tenders in buttermilk and hot sauce for 4 hours or overnight.
- ADD all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- DREDGE the marinated chicken tenders in the breading mixture
- MIX 1/3 of the marinade into the seasoned flour and mix well. This will create little flakes.
- ALLOW the chicken to sit out for an hour until the coating gets tacky and dredge the tenders back in the flour. Set aside.
- SPRAY a liberal coating of cooking spray on each side of the chicken tenders and place in the preheated
- COOK the tenders at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, until golden brown and crispy