- 1 pound russet or Idaho potatoes, cut in thin 2-inch strips
- 1/2–3 tablespoons canola oil
- Soak cut potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Drain well, then pat with a paper towel until very dry.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl; toss to combine. Use at
- least 1/2 tablespoon oil. For crispier results, use up to 3 tablespoons oil.
- Preheat the unit by setting the temperature to 390°F (195°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place friesset temperature to 390°F (195°C), and set time to 25 minutes.
- Check fries after 20 minutes. For crispier fries, continue cooking for up to 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.