- 2 apples (Fuji, Gala, or other baking apples), cut in half, core removed,
- skin left on
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, cut in 16 pieces
- 8 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Pierce each apple half with a fork 6 times.
- Preheat, setting the temperature to 325°F (165°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes.
- Place aluminum foil Place apple halves onto foil, cut-side up. Sprinkl lemon juice and brown sugar and top each apple half with 4 pieces of butter.
- Set temperature to 325°F (165°C), and set time to 45 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the apples. resume cooking for another 20 minutes, or until centers of apples are softened.
- When cooking is complete, serve apples with your favorite toppings.