- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 uncooked bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (3/4–1 1/4 pounds each)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all dried spices.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry. Coat with canola oil, then season them liberally on all sides with spice mixture.
- Preheat,setting the temperature to 300°F (150°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add chicken. Set temperature to 300°F (150°C), and set time to 35 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine the chimichurri ingredients in a food
- processor and process until finely minced, being careful not to over process.
- Cooking is complete when internal temperature reaches 165°F (80°C).
- Remove let chicken cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a generous amount of chimichurri.