- 20 dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons beer or seltzer water
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Pat the pickle slices dry and place them on a dry plate in the freezer.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, beer or seltzer water, salt, and 2 tablespoons water. Batter should be the consistency of cake batter. If the batter is too thick, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a separate shallow bowl.
- Remove pickles from the freezer. Dredge each one in cornstarch. Tap off excess, then coat in batter. Then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Preheat, setting the temperature to 360°F (175°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, place breaded pickles Spray or gently brush them with1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Set temperature to 360°F (175°C), and set time to 10 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking,spray or gently brush them with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- When cooking is complete, serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.