HOMEMADE FISH STICKS
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Tartar sauce
- Remove tilapia from the freezer. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cut each fillet into quarters.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add eggs to another bowl. Combine bread crumbs and salt in a third bowl.
- Working in small batches, dredge tilapia in flour. Tap off excess, then coat in egg. Then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Preheat, setting the temperature to 390°F (185°C), and setting the time to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place 8 fish sticks
- Set temperature to 390°F (185°C), and set time to 12 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove fish sticks.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over them and serve immediately with tartar sauce or ketchup