- 1 small white onion, cut into ½-inch thick rounds & separated intorings
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Nonstick cooking spray
- SLICE the onion into ½-inch thick rounds and separate the layers into rings.
- COMBINE the breadcrumbs, paprika, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- WHISK the eggs and buttermilk together until fully mixed.
- DREDGE each onion ring into the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs,and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat to 370°F (180°C)
- SPRAY the onion rings liberally with cooking spray.
- PLACE onion rings in a single layer in the preheated and cook in batches at 370°F (180°C) for 10 minutes until golden brown. Be sure to use cooking spray in between to make sure they are uniformly cooked.
- SERVE with your favorite dipping sauce.