GINGER BLUEBERRY SCONES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into pieces
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- SIFT together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- CUT the butter into the flour using a pastry blender or by hand until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- MIX the blueberries and ginger into the flour mixture. Set aside.
- WHISK together the heavy cream, 1 egg, and the vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- FOLD the cream mixture into the flour until it combines.
- FORM the dough into a round shape with 1½-inch thickness and cut
- it into eighths.
- BRUSH the scones with an egg wash made from 1 egg and the water. Set aside.
- Preheat to 350°F (180°C)
- COOK for 12 minutes at 350°F (180°C), until golden brown.