- 1 egg, beaten 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Olive oil, for brushing
- WHISK together the egg and milk in a shallow dish. Combine the panko breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a separate dish.
- CUT the eggplant into ½-inch thick slices.
- COAT the eggplant slices with flour, then dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg and breadcrumbs again.
- BRUSH each side of the eggplant slices with olive oil.
- PLACE the breaded eggplant into the preheated in a single layer and cook at 400°F (200°C) for 8 minutes. You may need to work in batches.